Room in roof insulation
What is a room in a roof?
A ‘Room in Roof’ is typically an extra storey or an attic on a bungalow or house characterised by a fixed (often narrow) staircase leading to room, which incorporates the roof. The room will have a light source, usually a Velux or Dormer window and be classed as an extra bedroom or bedrooms. Our insulation system is designed to provide the maximum benefit from the insulation measures installed and minimum impact on your living space.
There has never been a better time to insulate your room in roof! New Ofgem guidance on room in roof insulation, issued in April 2017, now ensures that property and home owners will benefit from the best possible level room in roof insulation! You may well be eligible for Energy Company Obligation (ECO) grant funding covering up to 100% of the cost of works. There is nothing for you to do, other than arranging an appointment for a free survey, we will look after everything for you!
To see if you are indeed eligible or to book a survey, either contact us on 0191 516 6911 for a FREE survey or click here for further details.
By employing the latest insulation materials and methods, insulating existing attic rooms means that you can still use the roof space for storage or additional room space if needed while still trapping heat in the property and rooms below.
Correctly insulating rooms in the roof will provide a massive source of potential energy savings and provide you with an extra room that is comfortable to live in – all year round.
The insulation of such rooms involves a combination of insulation measures to allow for the various details that make up the slopes, half height walls, eaves lofts and ceilings.
No Mess No Fuss
The method we offer for most homes, involves securing specialist insulation board to your stud walls, slopes and ceilings of your room in roof. We also install loft wool insulation into the residual space behind the stud walls and where possible, onto the back of the stud walls, secured in place with insulation netting. The Polyisocyanurate (PIR) insulation board we use already has plasterboard bonded to it so that it is ready for you to decorate as soon as we have completed our work – making your room into a comfortable living space.
If you do not already have access panels in the stud walls, if required, we will install fire-rated, lockable access panels for you free of charge.
In a couple of days your loft or attic room will be insulated, with minimal disruption, providing you with an additional comfortable living space.
Do you qualify for a free room in roof insulation?
Contact us today to see if you qualify for your room in roof to be insulated completely free.
Following the installation by your VERY professional installers I can brag about how warm the room now is. The installers really provided an excellent service rarely seen these days. The work itself was to the highest standard. They made sure a ‘dirty’ business never made it outside the work area was a pleasure to behold. They are a credit to you
Your Customer Journey
- From your initial enquiry, our surveyors will visit your property and carry out a FREE, no obligation survey to check whether your property is eligible for funding.
- When you are happy to proceed with the work, we will arrange a date for your installation, which is typically completed within 2 – 3 hours.
- Before commencing work, our operatives will fully explain the installation process and how long it will take.
- All cavity wall insulation is installed with a 25 year insurance backed guarantee.
- All loft insulation is completed with a certificate detailing the date of installation and insulation specification.
- Before our installers leave site, we will call you to ensure your complete satisfaction with our work
- We will make the claim for the grant on your behalf, there is minimal paperwork and no lengthy claims process for you to worry about.
- All we ask you to do is complete a simple customer feedback form to help us monitor and maintain our high standard of customer care.