Version: January 2018
On the 25th of May 2018 the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will come into effect changing the way businesses gain and use customer data. Superseding the 1995 EU Data Protection Directive, the new regulation will address the growing importance given to customer data.
Arktek Group Limited is committed to being GDPR compliant, both as a Data Controller and Processor, ahead of its implementation date. We have always taken in consideration our customers privacy rights. We will continue to do so and we will make the necessary steps to ensure our customer data is protected within the new standards. Having recently undertaken a Readiness Assessment, we feel confident in our ability to make all the necessary amendments to our policies and procedures. In addition, we are also committed to ensuring that our partners and subcontractors are compliant with GDPR and aware of any changes in our regulations.
What are we doing?
- We are working with QMS International and keeping up to date with information published on the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office) website.
- Having understood how the new regulation will have an impact on the business, Arktek Group Limited has taken the necessary first step in identifying any gaps by reviewing its readiness. We have been advised that at this moment there are no badges that can confirm GDPR compliance status. However, it was suggested that for a company of our size following the standards of ISO 270001 would be sufficient. We are currently working towards gaining this accreditation and hope to do so by the end of Q2/2018.
- Using a self-assessment tool, we are monitoring our progress in making any necessary changes in our policies and procedures.
- We have appointed a member of the Management team to be responsible for GDPR compliance.
- Developing data mapping techniques for processing and storing personal information.
- Reviewing marketing activities to make sure they are in line with the new policies.
What is next?
Artkek Group Limited is excited for the opportunity to once again prove to our customers the value we place on delivering high quality services in all aspects of the business. We are taking the necessary steps to be GDPR compliant and feel confident in our ability to do so well in advance of the 25th of May 2018 deadline.
GDPR useful links:
For more information about GDPR you can refer to these links:
Copyright Arktek Group Limited 2018. This information is provided for customer guideline purposes only and should not to be relied on for any reason. It is subject to change or removal without notice.